Author Topic: Orik4CP February  (Read 5172 times)

Offline Orikfricai

• Lamb
Orik4CP February
« on: January 26, 2016, 02:19:16 PM »
[Orik4CP] The Times They Are a-Changin'
https://www.erepublik.com/en/article/2579390/1/20

Offline Arrden

• Honor Guard
  • Teen Sheep
Re: Orik4CP February
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 09:46:50 PM »
In Congress, you say you're in favor of a Work Tax increase to 18%.

When do you think enough is enough?

Offline Orikfricai

• Lamb
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 05:06:04 AM »

I have inside knowledge of where we're currently at with our reserve. I'm in favor of 18% because I think we currently need it with the amount coming out for our current situation. There's never a definite, firm "enough" point. The tax is, and should, be fluent so as to fluctuate based on certain factors.

The point I'm getting at is, currently, we're spending, and our reserve is going down. I'm okay with 18% in order to recuperate our reserve until it reaches a certain point.

Offline Arrden

• Honor Guard
  • Teen Sheep
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 02:23:11 PM »

The tax is, and should, be fluent so as to fluctuate based on certain factors.
It's funny you say this, but in reality you never intend or mean for it to go down, only reasons for it to go up.

But, thank you for your answer.

Offline Orikfricai

• Lamb
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 07:10:12 PM »

The tax is, and should, be fluent so as to fluctuate based on certain factors.
It's funny you say this, but in reality you never intend or mean for it to go down, only reasons for it to go up.

But, thank you for your answer.

It's funny you say this, but in reality, every vote is independent of each other. If/when circumstances allow a dip in taxes, I'll be in favor of it. As it stands, there's loads more coming out of the reserve than going in.

Offline Orikfricai

• Lamb
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 07:40:18 PM »
If you're in Congress, you should know why we need to raise taxes currently.

Offline Orikfricai

• Lamb
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 01:36:59 AM »
[Orik4CP] Heigh-Ho Heigh-Ho It's Off to Work We Go

https://www.erepublik.com/en/article/2579836/1/20

Vote | Comment | Shout

Offline Orikfricai

• Lamb
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 01:25:04 PM »
An unfortunate change to the cabinet!

NewAzazel and Dinnyin will now be serving as NSC Directors in place of Resoula.

Offline Resoula

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Sheep
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 07:56:32 AM »

Took two to replace me eh? =P Good luck with your run. NaZ has been beating me to my job all month and Dinnyin has been beating him of late so they're definitely a good team to have working on NSC.

Offline Orikfricai

• Lamb
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 10:25:56 AM »

Took two to replace me eh? =P Good luck with your run. NaZ has been beating me to my job all month and Dinnyin has been beating him of late so they're definitely a good team to have working on NSC.

Thanks Fam. Sad to see you go. We could've been great together. :p

Offline Jessina

• Party Sheep
  • Lamb
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 05:26:22 PM »

I have inside knowledge of where we're currently at with our reserve. I'm in favor of 18% because I think we currently need it with the amount coming out for our current situation. There's never a definite, firm "enough" point. The tax is, and should, be fluent so as to fluctuate based on certain factors.

The point I'm getting at is, currently, we're spending, and our reserve is going down. I'm okay with 18% in order to recuperate our reserve until it reaches a certain point.

I'm relatively certain that I've seen you post MAX TAXES more than once and that was during my one and only time in congress.  That and your quoted statement of feeling 18% is correct right now leaves me wondering if you're being entirely forthright about tax levels.  Did you vote for the current 25% WT?

As I asked TDK, I also put these questions to you:

What do you have in mind in the way of expenditures?

Do you foresee any changes in foreign affairs/diplomacy?

Do you have any expectations of decorum for those you choose to be in your cabinet?  What would you do if they insult others over their positions on issues rather than having a civil discussion?

Offline Orikfricai

• Lamb
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 09:58:51 PM »

I'm relatively certain that I've seen you post MAX TAXES more than once and that was during my one and only time in congress.  That and your quoted statement of feeling 18% is correct right now leaves me wondering if you're being entirely forthright about tax levels.  Did you vote for the current 25% WT?

As I asked TDK, I also put these questions to you:

What do you have in mind in the way of expenditures?

Do you foresee any changes in foreign affairs/diplomacy?

Do you have any expectations of decorum for those you choose to be in your cabinet?  What would you do if they insult others over their positions on issues rather than having a civil discussion?

My "MAX TAXES" are in jest, and not intended to be serious. Anytime my caps lock is on, it's probably sarcasm.

Also, when I quoted 18%, I was unaware of where our reserve at the time was. I'm sure I could've math'd and figured it out, but hadn't at the time; that number came to light later in the day. I did not vote in the 25% WT vote, I guess file that as abstain?

For expenditures, I'm fine with keeping our internal spending at the level it is now, ie USAF/DoCA/AA. I would like to keep external expenditures low also. That means no foreseeable great, amazing wars where we'll blow what's left of our reserve, keeping in mind, surprises happen and I don't know what will be thrown at us.

I do not see any drastic changes in foreign affairs/diplomacy. I think the Owl doctrine has shown to be effective in keeping this country safe. It helped turn what was a 3v1 battle into something much more manageable.

I do have expectations of decorum for members of my cabinet. I won't say what measures will be taken if those expectations are broken, but, they'll be commensurate with the infraction.

Offline Orikfricai

• Lamb
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 01:57:03 PM »
[Orik4CP] The Light at the End of the Tunnel

https://www.erepublik.com/en/article/2581109

Vote | Comment | Shout