Author Topic: Presidential endorsement February.  (Read 4108 times)

Offline The_DarkKnight

• Lamb
Presidential endorsement February.
« on: January 26, 2016, 06:14:22 PM »
Hey BSP,

I am running for Country President for February, and I would be glad to receive an endorsement from you. My announcement article is linked here: http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/--2579404/1/20

Feel free to use this as a base to ask any questions you might have.

Cheers.

Offline The_DarkKnight

• Lamb
Re: Presidential endorsement February.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 02:09:28 PM »
You can ask me questions. I don't bite. :)

Offline The_DarkKnight

• Lamb
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 02:44:11 PM »
Well anyways, here's another article: https://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-tdk-i-am-jack-s-smirking-revenge--2579893/1/20

I know you guys love to vote for 'None of the above' in the primaries, however many of you I know on a personal level and have worked with. Many of you have coordinated and collaborated with me on many things, and trust me I would love nothing more than to receive an endorsement from you. I'm not running the political game, this isn't just to show my ePeen or running for just the sake of running. I have a momentum built up right now with all these wars and working with Greece and Argentina, and would like to keep it going.

I want your endorsement, BSP. Tell me, what do you want in your candidate?

Cheers.

Offline Resoula

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Sheep
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 07:55:03 AM »
I don't speak for the black sheep but I will tell you what I have come to see this is what black sheep as a whole wants in a candidate.

Honesty: Sticking to your platform.
Transparency: a will to work together with the people. Keep media active and inclusive, be open to taking suggestions, whether you agree with them/act on them or not.
The capability to bring excitement without blowing through the reserves to get it done.
Respect: Respect your opponent, respect your voters, respect the position of CP. eUS lacks a lot of one thing and that's respect.
Just my 2¢, do with it as you will, and good luck with your run.

Offline Jessina

• Party Sheep
  • Lamb
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 05:16:40 PM »
What is your stance on the work tax percentage?  What is a good and reasonable WT in your mind?

What do you have in mind in the way of expenditures?

Do you foresee any changes in foreign affairs/diplomacy?

Do you have any expectations of decorum for those you choose to be in your cabinet?  What would you do if they insult others over their positions on issues rather than having a civil discussion?

Offline Arrden

• Honor Guard
  • Teen Sheep
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 12:13:12 AM »
Many of us are fed up with the way government runs the money and worst of all takes the money. We now have Max Work Taxes, and they will be around indefinitely.

The eUS Forums are the worst activity killing, bias leaning, disrespectful, part of this whole fucking system we base the Meta game on. Active people who play don't even want to be in congress. They detest the eUS Forums.

Even though the CP does not have the power to change the Work Tax, and I know you won't be able to change the eUS Forums, how can you possibly restore our faith in a system that continually fails us on basic compromises?

Offline The_DarkKnight

• Lamb
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 06:22:08 AM »
What is your stance on the work tax percentage?  What is a good and reasonable WT in your mind?

What do you have in mind in the way of expenditures?

Do you foresee any changes in foreign affairs/diplomacy?

Do you have any expectations of decorum for those you choose to be in your cabinet?  What would you do if they insult others over their positions on issues rather than having a civil discussion?

The current Work Tax is pointless, inconsiderate and way too high. A good WT is somewhere in the range of 5%-8%. But as you all know, the President has no control over it.

Adding to that, I'd like to point out that I plan to compensate all American company owners for the $'s they are losing in work taxes due to the 15% to 25% tax increase. This will all come out of my pocket. I know I can not decrease the work tax, but I will do all I can to alleviate the burden off of some.

I don't have any big expenditures planned for now. I do plan to increase the funding to, and create new programs, within the DoCA by a large amount, but these will be personal funds. I also plan to give away Infantry Kits, Power Packs, etc., also from personal money. However, I would like to organize an epic battle every week, which might cost 200k-300k. This is something I'd like to get approved from Congress.

I try to be as respectful as possible during arguments, and I've picked a cabinet who I expect to follow suit. These are people I've known to be respectful, objective and considerate, and I don't expect them to change that this month. In any case, if something like this does happen, I will look into the matter myself.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:32:11 AM by The_DarkKnight »