Author Topic: Stuck in FL - Back Home  (Read 4593 times)

Offline Xavier Galvin

• Honor Guard
  • Lamb
  • Former eUSAF General
    • Official Blacksheep Roster System
Stuck in FL - Back Home
« on: April 28, 2016, 03:15:16 PM »
Just wanted to update everyone on why I have been kinda MIA for the last week or so.

I went to Florida well, about a week ago. The 2nd day I was there, I got into a car accident. Head on collisions don't feel too well. I can tell you that right now. However, After about 4 or so days of being trapped and people bailing on us at the last second, I can finally say I have made it home. Unfortunately, I received a $166 dollar ticket for everything. Thankful that everyone was okay but, that wasn't quite the vacation I was looking for. Haha!

The car:

Offline eShades

• Honor Guard
  • Adult Sheep
  • I'm just trying to stay fresh
Re: Stuck in FL - Back Home
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 06:33:59 PM »
Damn, man! Glad to hear you and everyone else is good, but it suuuuuucks that it happened. Sorry the vaca got messed up :(

Offline Arrden

• Honor Guard
  • Teen Sheep
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 09:52:38 PM »
That's damn bad. If it makes you feel any better, I fucked up my rear bumper pretty bad backing into some concrete. I am glad you are alright.

Offline Xavier Galvin

• Honor Guard
  • Lamb
  • Former eUSAF General
    • Official Blacksheep Roster System
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 10:44:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm def glad that everyone involved turned out okay. I had three of my friends in the car. My buddy in the front seat ended up busting his dead a little bit, getting dizzy, and having a slight concussion. Everyone declined hospital treatment even though me especially should've probably taken it.

A few years ago, I got into a pretty severe four wheeler accident. I cracked both my orbital and my sternum. This accident most likely re-cracked the sternum. Its a little painful but, I'm just gonna let it run its course. Its what I did for the four wheeler and it turned out alright.. Only cold weather messed with it then. Every now and then I'll wake up in some pain in the chest and then have troubles getting comfortable again but, like I said, I'm sure I'll like. Lol..

We'll see in the future and maybe I'll decide I'll get myself checked out. The main reason I haven't went is due to the fact I have no insurance. I'm not trying to accumulate any more bills from that damn hospital. lmao.

Offline Arrden

• Honor Guard
  • Teen Sheep
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 11:18:24 AM »
I think it would be wise if you look into the different programs under Medicaid to see if you can qualify for some form of coverage. God forbid, but if anything happens in the future and medical attention is a necessity, we all know those are the kinds of bills/debt that hangs over you for many many years.
If Medicaid is a total bust, look into Obamacare as a last resort. Get any kind of free health coverage you can qualify for. I am sure your state has something available for Hospital and Doctor coverage, but will likely be more difficult to get coverage on things like Dental.