Author Topic: A Grazing Walkthrough  (Read 2789 times)

Offline eShades

• Honor Guard
  • Adult Sheep
  • I'm just trying to stay fresh
A Grazing Walkthrough
« on: June 08, 2014, 08:50:29 PM »
Does anyone want me to finish writing this? Let me know, I'd have no problem with that. I just stopped because a lot of the current players are better than me. ::)

Objective (How do I win?!)
  • The grazing game is a team-based game where the herd that has the most oats for the longest amount of time wins the round.
  • A round lasts two weeks; the exact day and time is available under ".lastweek" [".lw" for short]).
  • To see how many oats each herd has, use ".hayscores" [".hs"].
  • To see how long each has been in first place, use ".topteams" [".tt"].
  • At the end of each period, the winner is placed in the channel topic. The herd in last place gets a boost for the next round.

Basic Gameplay (What do I do?)
  • To begin the game, a class must be selected using ".class SOME-CLASS", where SOME-CLASS can be GRAZER, THIEF, HUNTER, or BUILDER.
  • Briefly: Classes are basically specialized roles in the game. Each class can do something better than the other classes. For example, a hunter has a much better hunting chance than a thief, but the thief will steal more oats than the hunter and have a lower chance of finding something while hunting.
    • Grazer is the traditional role in the game. You can graze more oats than other classes.
    • Thief can steal more oats than other classes. You can also heist individually or with one or two partners.
    • Hunter has a much better chance of obtaining items from the hunt. A dog is not required because hunters hunt on their own.
    • Builder can plan buildings for his/her herd and craft special materials.
  • A more in-depth look at classes is available in the Class thread.
  • Regardless of which class you pick, you will not notice any huge differences, so feel free to pick any class you want and try it out. If you would like to change your class, please contact anyone with whom you're comfortable.

• Every command can be used by sheep of any class (except for a few minor restrictions). There are many more commands than the ones I'm about to outline here, but the following are the main features of the game:
    • Grazing is unlocked at level one for every sheep and is typically the most used function. Using .graze, sheep can gather some oats and I'm not done writing this, but I'll save it here for now.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 08:56:25 PM by eShades »