Author Topic: The Black Sheep Party: How we Function  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Resoula

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Sheep
The Black Sheep Party: How we Function
« on: June 21, 2015, 08:29:14 AM »
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/the-black-sheep-party1-2532574/1/20

The Black Sheep Party is a large T5 party that tends to stand opposite in its ideals and goals to the rest of the T5 parties. I've noticed however that there are many misconceptions among other parties as to how TBSP's inner workings actually work. This article will aim to correct any misconceptions as well as teach the newbies from the start, what to expect if they join us.

If you'd like to see some reasons I think you should join our party, check out my most recent recruitment article by clicking here!

This article will be organized into the following sections.
1. Party Presidency
2. Congressional Policy
3. Presidential Primaries

Party Presidency

On the 15th of every month we all get to press a vote button in which we elect our very next party president. This person shall lead our party into the future or into the ground based on the choices of the party. Some parties have a higher-up inner circle which decides who will be the next party president, and if their choice is not met, they cry "PTO!" and rally as much help as possible to enforce their rule rather than allow for a free election. Some parties think we operate the same way. Luckily here are TBSP we operate on a much more democratic basis.

Here in TBSP we have a number of persons that run for Party President. We never mass mail or try to tell anyone in our party who to vote for. When the elections come the runners receive their endorsements and its usually the person that shows the most experience or potential that wins. Our very own Henryfrench has held the PP title for most of TBSP's existence, and not once have we had to try to convince anyone to vote for him. We are a party that respects action, and as long as you take action to help further our party along, you can expect to become a respectable runner in the Party Presidential elections! Who doesn't love free, open elections?

Congressional Policy

There are two major parts to Congressional Policy. The first being how much control a party exerts over which congressional candidates get into Congress. The second being how much autonomy is granted to those candidates in the way of how they're allowed to vote when in Congress. There are a certain few parties that ONLY approve candidates in their inner-circle and force them to vote the way leadership tells them to lest they never serve another term as a congressional candidate ever again. I'm happy to say, The Black Sheep Party is quite the opposite.

If you want to become a Congressional Candidate in The Black Sheep Party, you must simply show us that you are interested by being regularly active, vocal, and inquisitive with in the group. Writing and publishing articles promoting The Blacksheep group & expressing your own experiences with in the The Blacksheep for people to hear and learn about our group, and of course yourself, is a very effective way of establishing yourself in our group & our great nation. We love to bring new faces into congress, as there is never such an enthusiastic face as a new face. The only control we exert is making sure that those enthusiastic new faces make it in, even if it means leaving a more experienced congressman out for a term.

Once you are in congress I am happy to announce that unlike a few other parties, you are 100% autonomous. We will not control your actions or your words. You vote how you want to. You discuss what you want to discuss. You propose things you want to see enacted. We make sure every congressman is aware of any and every discussion/proposal/vote we can so that you can keep your activity through the roof as well!

Presidential Primaries

Presidential primaries are where I see the most misconception about our party. In some parties the leadership picks out a candidate they approve of, and proceeds to mass message their entire party "VOTE FOR PEDRO!". I'm happy to announce yet again, that here in The Black Sheep Party you are free to vote for whoever you wish. We have no restrictions or punishments for not voting our way. And do you know why? Because the candidate we endorse is picked through a vote on our party wall in-game by all of our party members.

When Presidential elections come around, we post a primary on our party wall on the 30th or 31st - 2nd, in which every black sheep has one vote to add to deciding which candidate gets our formal endorsement. Usually our "None of the above" option wins, and that is because it was what a majority of our party members choose. And whether we endorse any candidate or not, you are always free to vote for whoever you want whether our leadership likes or despises them. You can skip voting all you like as well, we don't force anything upon you here in the black sheep party.

I hope this article was informative and helpful in teaching everyone, old and new alike, just how The Black Sheep Party really functions. If you'd like to know more about us, don't forget to check out my recruitment article! Or come talk to us on any of the links left below. Don't be afraid to message me in-game if you have any questions of your own to ask as well! Have a great day everybody!

The Black Sheep Party
Black Sheep Forums
IRC: #Blacksheep
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:25:16 AM by Arrden »