Author Topic: TB 4 CP Q&A July 2015  (Read 10894 times)

Offline Tyler Bubblar

• Lamb
TB 4 CP Q&A July 2015
« on: June 25, 2015, 12:11:34 PM »
Hola My friends here in the BSP

I have decided to throw my hat in the ring for Country President. As such I would love to win your nomination/support in my endeavor to do so. I am here to answer your questions and of course post article links. You all have come a long way from an ATO takeover of the AFA you should be proud of what you have built here.

Articles

Gluttony for Punishment. Never say Never!
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/2533439/1/20

A Seat at the Table
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/2534103/1/20

Just Let it Die?
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-2534535/1/20

Making the Hard Decisions
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/2535004/1/20

TB4CP Choices on Election Day
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/2535793/1/20

Please fire away with any questions, comments, and/or concerns.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 09:13:01 PM by Tyler Bubblar »

Offline eShades

• Honor Guard
  • Adult Sheep
  • I'm just trying to stay fresh
Re: TB 4 CP Q&A July 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 12:37:55 PM »
So you're focusing on domestic issues, right? Any thoughts on USAF and all that jazz?

Offline Tyler Bubblar

• Lamb
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 01:39:16 PM »
So you're focusing on domestic issues, right? Any thoughts on USAF and all that jazz?

I am not for disbanding USAF. I believe community is precious in this game it what has allowed us to hold on in spite of the terrible conditions. I will be honest i think USAF gets a bad wrap. This is what I told Dinnyin earlier the Operations Commander of USAF:

"In my previous Presidency I made a pretty large change without consulting with the officers of USAF. It did not go over very well.  In the coming days I will be messaging you to get your thoughts on what you believe is going well and what is not. Even 6 months ago I may not have understood why the community of USAF has struggled since the merger, but after witnessing the Core of SHIELD depart and the subsequent tailspin the MU has fallen into I understand pretty well what can happen to an MU when wholesale changes are forced.

USAF has a community they work hard and fight hard together and approximately evey 30-60 days someone runs for President and almost always vows to "fix" USAF. That person is almost always an outsider. I think DMJ was the last CP who had extensive firsthand knowledge of USAF since it was his MU. Once a month USAF takes a beating in Congress as part of the budget process. None of that can be all that beneficial for morale. As an outsider coming in I believe that USAF needs more articles like the one Greeling wrote.  They need more ASS articles for the purposes of positive media and recruiting. I also feel if more resources are needed USAF needs an executive (read CP) to step up and say so. We are running a large surplus the days of cutting the fat to prevent going bankrupt are gone. To say anything else at this time without actually discussing it with you, Garmr, and other USAF officers would be disenguous."

I want to help them strengthen and Improve their community, but I want to do it based on the input of their officers. Yes they are not our biggest hitter anymore but they are a very helpful to the CP in directing damage and COs as needed in crucial battles. I know that does not really resonate with many of you all here, but the BSP deserve an honest answer regardless of if it wins points or not.

Offline SAR97

• Lamb
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 10:28:30 PM »
Sound very good, any plans with interior like bringing back eSS or creating programs like that? Baaaaa

Offline Tyler Bubblar

• Lamb
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 11:09:19 PM »
Sound very good, any plans with interior like bringing back eSS or creating programs like that? Baaaaa

Education and Interior will be nominally separate, but I'll have a great group of 4 working them Wookyjack, Aramec, Nick Bergman, and Tom Cauchon will be my domestic team. We'll be cooking  up some great things and knowing them they'll make it fun and interesting along the way.

Offline Arrden

• Honor Guard
  • Teen Sheep
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 09:10:12 AM »
What is your plans to deal with USAF?

In a Congressional discussion, you mentioned you were in favor of increasing funding for USAF to offer more supplies to heavy hitters.

Are you of the opinion buying loyalty and damage while spending more Tax money is the best way for our nation and our national MU?

Offline Tyler Bubblar

• Lamb
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 06:40:48 PM »
Cabinet Article

A Seat at the Table
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/2534103/1/20

Offline Tyler Bubblar

• Lamb
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 06:48:13 PM »
What is your plans to deal with USAF?

In a Congressional discussion, you mentioned you were in favor of increasing funding for USAF to offer more supplies to heavy hitters.

Are you of the opinion buying loyalty and damage while spending more Tax money is the best way for our nation and our national MU?

USAF supplies during my last tenure there were already pretty good. I would be more open to additional funding if that is what the Officers of USAF felt they needed. I know the various branches of USAF used to have contests, games, competitions, etc. This was done to foster camaraderie, a sense of community,etc. My plans for USAF are to discuss the situation with Dinnyin the USAF Operations manager to get his thoughts on things. As you know USAF is a community like any other MU. I cannot imagine the difficulty of having an outsider every 30-60 days coming promising to come in and fix them.

As per a discussion I had with Henry French on IRC last night I would not be opposed to asking Congress to fun additional infrastructure to help USAF become more self sufficient. The addition of the housing Industry has helped shift the way communes function now. It would be advantageous to explore the benefits of giving that same help to our public MU that PMUs currently enjoy. All of that said I am not for defunding or disbanding our National MU. Yes they are not our biggest hitter anymore but in my view they still provide a great deal of value to the nation and to our community.

Offline Arrden

• Honor Guard
  • Teen Sheep
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 08:46:13 PM »
Would you be more open to a refocusing of USAF's over all goal, and funding disbursement?

I mentioned in the congressional discussion that USAF should refocus it's funding and efforts more to helping young and new players upgrade their training grounds as fast as we can help them do it.

Instead of buying damage to keep USAF in 3rd place, why not refocus the goal of our national MU to this vital, alternative goal?

Offline Tyler Bubblar

• Lamb
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 09:40:54 PM »
Would you be more open to a refocusing of USAF's over all goal, and funding disbursement?

I mentioned in the congressional discussion that USAF should refocus it's funding and efforts more to helping young and new players upgrade their training grounds as fast as we can help them do it.

Instead of buying damage to keep USAF in 3rd place, why not refocus the goal of our national MU to this vital, alternative goal?

I could get behind that. It'd pay big dividends in the long run and would likely help with retention and loyalty in its soldiers. I think damage is important but it's not all about damage.

Offline Arrden

• Honor Guard
  • Teen Sheep
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 06:04:14 AM »
You need to fire almost all of the USAF Officers. A lot of these people have little to no good experience generating commodore and loyalty. In the end, some group of people have to be responsible for the USAF's decline. First thing in revitalizing something failing, is the introduction of "New" into it.

Offline Tyler Bubblar

• Lamb
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 01:07:51 PM »
You need to fire almost all of the USAF Officers. A lot of these people have little to no good experience generating commodore and loyalty. In the end, some group of people have to be responsible for the USAF's decline. First thing in revitalizing something failing, is the introduction of "New" into it.

It's a catch 22. I have seen first hand with SHIELD what happens when an Officer Corp leaves en mass. SHIELD has gone from a top 5 growing MU to one in a persistent vegetative state.

Offline Arrden

• Honor Guard
  • Teen Sheep
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 09:56:15 PM »
I am very weary of Dinnyin's leadership. In his comments he has offered not even the smallest hint of any actual ideas to revitalize our national MU back to prosperity.
He has acknowledged a problem with USAF, the lack of comradery and loyalty. But then stops short all together on what caused the problems and how to possibly fix them.

Offline Tyler Bubblar

• Lamb
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 03:08:53 PM »
I am very weary of Dinnyin's leadership. In his comments he has offered not even the smallest hint of any actual ideas to revitalize our national MU back to prosperity.
He has acknowledged a problem with USAF, the lack of comradery and loyalty. But then stops short all together on what caused the problems and how to possibly fix them.

I'll be working with him on some Joint strikes and MU competitions. I just do not want to go in set to make wholesale changes when I am coming in virtually blind of the situation.

Offline Tyler Bubblar

• Lamb
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 03:09:13 PM »