Author Topic: [Derp4CP] Make America Derpy Again  (Read 4902 times)

Offline Derphoof

• Lamb
[Derp4CP] Make America Derpy Again
« on: May 27, 2016, 11:52:30 PM »
Hey, Black Sheep! I'm finally running for PotUS!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Derphoof

• Lamb
Re: [Derp4CP] Make America Derpy Again
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 06:50:53 AM »
I Hear BSP likes lower taxes.

[Derp4CP] Building a Competitive Economy

http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-derp4cp-building-a-competitive-economy-2599611/1/20

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jessina

• Party Sheep
  • Lamb
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 07:13:41 PM »
We do generally like lower reasonable taxes.

If you wish, read my questions to Yui on his thread and provide your answers here in this thread.  Of course if you don't wish to answer questions, then ignore this post. :)

Offline Derphoof

• Lamb
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 07:50:42 PM »
I assume you mean these questions?

Quote from: Jessina
1.  In the past, I seem to recall that you have been a strong supporter of higher taxes.  Is this still the case?

2.  Most past administrations have focused on money as the eUSA's primary defense.  Seeing that our active community continues to dwindle, how does the concept using strong FA policies as our primary defense and ease the tax burden on our citizens sit with you?  We aren't a Balkan eNation with their higher activity and economies, so why continue to use cc in order to pretend we are one?  Why not simply be the eUSA, hence ourselves?

3.  How inclined are you to compromise on the issues of the day and potentially new ones that might arise during your CP/D term?   By this I mean compromise so that top eUSA parties feel invested, at least partially in the decisions of your administration?

1. I am a supporter of what I believe are reasonable taxes. I don't like higher taxes for the sake of higher taxes. It's true that I did support the higher taxes, as we needed to replenish the reserves that keep us competitive on the battlefield, and oftentimes punching above our weight. However, I am not for high taxes at the moment. I supported the decrease to 1% tax, and I'm hoping that with limited spending, and the rebate program I proposed, we can aim for 5-8% taxes. That's my ideal, under the rebate program. We'll have to see how much foreign investment comes in.

2. I don't believe we pretend to be a "Balkan" country. We don't engage in crazy offensive wars every month, with ridiculous spending. Usually our operations are targeted in nature, and limited. What has kept us safe is our strong foreign policy. We don't have much to worry about right now unless the other side wants to throw everything and the kitchen sink at us. However, we cannot become isolationist like China did. We still need to protect our allies when needed and make sure we keep hostile nations out of our sphere of influence. Unfortunately, this costs money, and that price will continue to rise as CO's do over time.

3. Compromise is something I've long tried to create in the community, on various issues. Arrden will remember several months back when I brought the PP's and others together in order to try to get a compromise on a tax plan. However, it didn't pan out. Just as well, I've sought to nurture peace and respectability in the community. In one of the BSP's first months in Congress, I was tapped to be the Speaker because people knew I could be a non-partisan actor. The month before, things got out of hand with the insults and vitriol. I kept people in check and enforced penalties for malicious actors. Congress approved of my handling of the situation and re-elected me as the first speaker to serve back to back terms in two years.

If parties find my proposals objectionable. I am more than open to peacemaking and compromise to find a solution. Oftentimes, compromise is at the forefront of good governance.

Offline eShades

• Honor Guard
  • Adult Sheep
  • I'm just trying to stay fresh
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 08:28:58 PM »
What kind of juices do you offer?

Also can confirm Derp can compromise. A reasonable individual tbh.

Offline Derphoof

• Lamb
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 09:25:16 PM »
What kind of juices do you offer?

Also can confirm Derp can compromise. A reasonable individual tbh.

I offer the sweetest of juices: The Fresh Squeezed Tears of My Enemies

Offline Arrden

• Honor Guard
  • Teen Sheep
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 06:10:37 PM »
You may be a friendly soul to some of us, but your banners have never been a friend, or even kind, to the Black.

Offline Resoula

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Sheep
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 06:34:11 PM »
You may be a friendly soul to some of us, but your banners have never been a friend, or even kind, to the Black.
DOWN WITH THE WHITE!

Offline Derphoof

• Lamb
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 09:49:56 PM »

Nope, they haven't. But I don't get to choose who comes in under the banner or who represents it. Although, I don't have too much attachment to the party banner anyways :P